This course is designed to give delegates a good introduction to the issues relating to Legionella and Legionnaires disease, including control measures to be used when working with water systems.
Course Content:At the end of the course delegates will have covered and understood the following:
- What is Legionella & Legionnaires Disease?
- Where can it be found and how it is amplified?
- Legal responsibilities – Health and Safety at Work Act 1974,The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 & RIDDOR
- What are the health effects?
- Who is susceptible?
- Where does it come from?
- Control Measures
- Legionella in the UK
- Preventative measures
- Responsibilities of manufacturers, importers, suppliers & installers
- Cleaning & disinfection
- Hot & cold water services
- Approved Code of Practices (ACOPs)
- Standards & routine sampling
- Risk assessment and managing risks
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a Safety Nation Training Certificate of Attendance.
Who Should Attend?
This course is ideally suited to those who work in a technical and or maintenance job role, building or facilities managers, company owners and directors with responsibility for health and safety and others who require a good basic overview of the issues surrounding current legislation and control measures.