Risk assessments are vital to protect your workers and your business. Helping you to focus on the risks that really matter, our risk assessment course will provide you with all the skills you need to comply with the law. The law states that businesses must take steps to protect people 'as far as is reasonably practicable'. The course outline is as follows:
- Meet legal duties to carry out 'suitable and sufficient' risk assessments
- This one-day risk assessment training course puts the emphasis on practical exercises. However there is the option of a second day to put all that has been learned into action using your templates, while having the tutors present and ensuring that delegates 'hit the ground running'.
- Delegates in any sector can undertake our training; risk assessments are not industry-specific
- Our course is suitable for anyone with responsibility for undertaking risk assessments, particularly line managers, supervisors and safety representatives
- This risk assessment training will help your business to comply with the law
- Delegates will receive a thorough grounding in risk assessments
- Safety Nation training courses are held in Bedfordshire/Cambridgeshire, however we are able to travel nationally as more and more organisations are using an in-house approach to deliver training to their colleagues. Our courses can fit around the demands of your business and are flexible in terms of where and when you choose to train.
- This risk assessment training may also be undertaken on your premises, tailored to your business and using your own templates
- There is no formal assessment; delegates successfully completing the course will receive a certificate of Safety Nation Training.
Safety Nation’s risk assessment course will enable your business to comply with the legal requirement to carry our 'suitable and sufficient' assessments of the risk related to activities. The course covers:
- An introduction to risk assessment
- Legal requirements
- Objectives of risk assessments
- The five stages of risk assessment
- Practical exercises.
There is no formal assessment, but delegates must successfully complete the entire course, including the practical exercise to receive a Safety Nation certificate of training.
- Understand the practical application of risk assessment techniques
- A thorough understanding of the specific requirements of lone, pregnant and young workers
- Understand the requirements for monitoring and reviewing risk assessments
- Hazard identification techniques
- Categorise and evaluate risk
The risk assessment training course allows organisations to cut their costs without cutting corners or compromising on safety. If you need to make a business case for safety training, we've outlined the key reasons why this occupational safety course is good for business.
- This course has been designed to help businesses to comply with legislation requiring business to protect people 'as far as is reasonably practicable'
- The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) estimates that the ratio between insured and uninsured costs arising from accidents lies in the range of 1:8 to 1:36. So in the worst case, for every £100 recovered from the insurer, the business loses about £3,600
- Safety Nation’s in-company option will bring this risk assessment training to you, enabling you to train more employees at once, saving time and money on travel and accommodation
- Our in-company course can be tailored to specific requirements, using your own templates and ensuring that everything delegates learn is relevant to your business needs
- Employees who attend this course will make positive practical contributions to the continuous improvement of health and safety at work every day
- Discounts are available for Safety Nation members
- Build employee confidence in the safest standards of the working environment
- Delegates will return to work able to make practical improvements to workplace safety, with a knowledge of how to undertake practical risk assessments
- Build stakeholder confidence in health and safety best practice for your workforce, customers and suppliers
- Ensure employee compliance with health and safety policies as well as legal requirements
Qualified safety professionals are an asset to their organisations, reducing costs by preventing accidents and ill health of employees, without incurring unnecessary expense by over-reacting to trivial risks.